Friday, April 4, 2008

The Growth Gap Year: A Period of Confusion

Today, I met my college friends...
It seems that little has changed eversince we left our respective alma maters...
Still feeling young and the vibrancy is still obvious...



Gossips, rumors, and intrigues will always be there...
And we did ask each other "Where are we going?"
"I don't know" I said...

"It seems like I love my life these days.
Carefree.
No responsibility."

They also have the same thoughts in mind.
They are living the same way as I do.

Living day by day.
No worries where the future heads...

Until we talked about our other friends...
Talking about backstabbing...
No we weren't...
We just care...
Friends do care...

Some of our guy friends back in college already lived with their girlfriends...
They had them get preggy...



For someone who's just 22, it's a disaster...
Or am I the only one thinking this way...

Fresh from college, you have a very good future that awaits you...
And suddenly because of teenage angst and lust...
We were forced to live this life unknowingly.

I'm 23, a year ahead than my college buddies...
Have a good work but with nothing...

I'm still living like a nomad...
Hopping from one place to another...

I have no laptop...
No car
No house
No TV
No furnitures

In short...it seems like I have no future...

I don't know where all my salary went for these past 2 years...

I made an excuse to my friends:

This is the Growth Gap Year...

In a man's lifetime, we do go several stages....

From 4-6 years old, a kid doesn't know if he is still a toddler or already a kid

From 11-14 years old, we are confused whether to still act like a girl or a teenager...

From 21-24 years old, we sing like Britney " I'm not a girl, not yet a woman"....

Hahaha....

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio